Monday, November 5, 2007

Post Halloween dieting

Halloween was lots of fun this year. I went to dinner with some friends in a castle not too far from where I live now – sorry, only one pic, I was too busy laughing and being scared at the same time…



We had lovely food, however I ate more than I should have. I must say that I’m eating way too much lately and holiday season is coming up, so I desperately need to cleanse and detoxify my body starting today – yesterday would have been better, but hey don’t diets always start on a Monday? The first thing I thought of was this smoothie-like beverage that my mum used to make for me when I was a little girl, it’s really a non-recipe, but here it goes:



My mum’s smoothie:

1 low-fat sugarfree yogurt
2 cups strawberries
zest of an orange
honey (I used orange flower honey)

The night before you make this smoothie, you need to put the yogurt and the strawberries in the freezer, so that you’ll have a nice texture when you blend everything together – that’s one trick I learnt from my mum.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend to the desired texture – sometimes I like to leave some chunks of strawberries to chew on, sometimes I blend really, really well and have a nice smooth texture.
I put an orange slice to make the picture look a little less dull, but it has no use, in fact I used the rest to have nice, fresh juice.

0 comments: